Thank you for your interest in volunteering at North Country Food Bank. Volunteers are incredibly important to us, and we welcome volunteers of all ages and skill sets. The staff at North Country Food Bank strives to create a positive volunteer experience for everyone. North Country believes that a volunteer's time should be well utilized, and we are committed to creating an environment that welcomes everyone. With that in mind, we have created some guidelines for our volunteers to follow.
We can all help our neighbors who are facing hunger, and we encourage you to bring along friends or colleagues for a group service experience.
- Schedule your shift at North Country Food Bank.
- Tell your group about the good work you’ll be doing at North Country, and invite them to join in! Be sure to have logistic details and a copy or two of the volunteer guidelines on-hand so everyone can be prepared.
- A week or so before, collect RSVPs from the volunteers in your group.
- Send us a list of your group members so that we know how many people to expect during your volunteer slot.
- Email or call us at (218) 399-7356 to confirm your volunteer experience.
Let us know of any changes to your group as soon as possible. We rely on set numbers of volunteers to efficiently and safely package food to feed our hungry neighbors, and uncommunicated changes can disrupt our workflow.
Group Project Descriptions
Volunteer Request Form
North Country Food Bank serves 21 counties in northwest and west central Minnesota and part of Grand Forks, North Dakota.